1) First , determine your eligibility by answering this CIC quiz here:
You must get 67 points at least to be eligible for Express Entry program.
2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams.
Aim for CLB 9 to increase your odds to be nominated or selected from the pool and note that CLB 10 will guarantee you the maximal language points.
To better calculate your points according to your test results , please check this official link:
a-General Training IELTS and General Training CELPIP are both valid for English proficiency proofing.
b- TEF Canada and TCF Canada are both valid for your French skills proofing.
3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here –> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Kindly note that professionals who need a license to practice their professions in Canada MUST evaluate their qualifications from the designated bodies mentioned in the above link.
4) Determine the code that best matches your job in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list here:
The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.
5) You have your language test results and having your qualification assessed , now you can create your Express Entry profile using this link:
N.B.: Please note that registration in Job Bank is now NOT mandatory , but the link is here to better get an idea on the job market in Canada:
6) Based upon your age , studies , job , work experience , language skills and your spouse’s (if applicable) qualification and language skills , you will be credited with CRS points which will determine your chances of being selected from thousands of candidates in the same pool.
You can have an idea on how CRS points calculated here:
7) Just wait for Invitation To Apply (ITA) in case your CRS score equals or comes above the minimal score in the draw occuring most probably every other Wednesday.
Wish you all good luck and ITA after which starts another story in another blog , so stay tuned.